The Blue Ridge Rush is a 6-hour race that will have teams hiking, biking and navigating all over the Blue Ridge School property and maybe even outside of it!
This race is perfect for those with some racing experience who are not yet comfortable taking on a longer, 15-hour race. If you have done our other 6-hour races, you will be right at home with this one. The mountain biking, hiking and navigation will be more challenging than the 3-hour Rumble. Teams can expect some off-trail travel/bushwacking, elevation gain and loss both on foot and the bike, as well as an orienteering leg. Teams will have 6 hours to complete the course, acquiring as many checkpoints as they can. Due to the time of year (weather), location of the school and logistics, there will be no paddling for this race. The minimum age for racing is 9 years old. Kids under age 18 must race with an adult.
Registration will open in June.
Date: Saturday, November 3rd
In partnership with the school and their outdoor recreation program, $10 from every individual entry will be donated back to the school. We have a goal of raising $2000 for the school so they can continue to build awesome trails and support outdoor recreation. Thank you for helping us make this happen!
For more information on the school’s outdoor recreation program check out their website here.
- 10am to 4pm
- Race check in from 7:30am to 9am
- Race brief at 9am
- Race start 10am
- Race finish 4pm
- Awards and post-race fun: 4:30pm
- Solo (Male, Female)
- Two Person (Male, Female, Coed)
- Three-Person (Male, Female, Coed)
- Four-Person (Male, Female, Coed)
- Hiking (trail running)
- Mountain Biking (mountain bikes are highly recommended) You can also use a hybrid. No road or cyclocross bikes allowed.
- Paddling: No paddle for this one
COST (per person)
Early registration: $80
Regular registration: $110
Very Late registration: $140 (Save some cash and register early! Late registrations are not guaranteed shirts.)
($10 of every individual entry will be donated back to the school and their outdoor recreation program)
What you get (along with an awesome day in the woods!):
- Beautiful custom made maps
- Awesome race swag (and we mean awesome)
- Post race food and drinks
- Medals for the top 3 in each category and prizes from our generous sponsors
- A great day outside with old and new friends
Mandatory Gear for Each Racer
- Backpack (we like the OutThere Pack) and a way to carry water (e.g., camelbak, water bottles, etc.)
- Food and water for the race
- Rain shell
- Long sleeve fleece/wool/synthetic top
- Fleece/wool/synthetic hat
- Space blanket (We recommend the SOL Space Blanket)
- Bike (mountain bike recommended)
- Bike helmet
Mandatory Gear for Each Team
- Bike tool, spare tube(s), pump or CO2
- Compass (We recommend Kanpas Compass)
- Race map (provided at check-in)
- Race rules of travel (provided at check-in)
- Race passport (provided at check-in)
- Cell phone (fully charged)
- Small dry bag for your cell phone (either a few zip locks or a store bought dry bag)
- First Aid Kit (We use Adventure Medical Kits Ultralight kits)
- Waterproof map case (this can be as simple as zip lock(s) and duct tape or a store bought case)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather that day
- A map board for your bike.